A bit of context of what you are watching: Gilmore Girls evolves around a mother and her daughter through their daily lives and struggles. The show was famous for its amount of dialogue and pop culture references. It is available on Netflix.
I have compiled every mentioning of David Bowie in the series (there is another but I couldn't find it).
The scenes are in chronological order.
Season 3, Episode 3
- Lane tries to get a band by setting up an advertisement. Just to be sure, she lists all her influences, and Rory tries to help.
- Lorelai's famous answering machine messages are adjusted to the current situation.
Season 3, Episode 5
- The proper way to get a date: have tickets for David Bowie. Lorelai met a guy at an auction and doesn't need further encouragement to go out with him.
- You know you're a bit of a bore when not even David Bowie can get you a second date. Lorelai cancels her appointment after going out with the guy.
- Of course Emily Gilmore isn't amused about the outcoming of the first date at friday night dinner. She's worried about the effect Lorelais actions will have on her own relationship with the guy's family, and Lorelai is willing to endure the unpleasant company a second time if it makes Emily happy. At the end of the conversation, Lorelai, obviously pissed, sings "Ground Control to Major Tom"
Season 3, Episode 9
Dave and Lane kiss for the first time to the tunes from "The Man Who Sold The World".
Season 3, Episode 20
Jess' father shows up and they share a weird moment in the diner with coffee and "Suffragette City"
Season 3, Episode 21
Jess returns the favor and visits his father, who isn't particularly amused and questions his reasons.
Season 5, Episode 1
Obsession points for spotting the Bowie poster from 1974 in Lane's room.
Season 5, Episode 2
Lane's band discusses cutting back on good cover songs, such as Suffragette City.
Season 5, Episode 3
After their first date, Luke presents his amazing womanizer skills and asks Lorelai which music to get so she won't bug him all their lives.
Season 7, Episode 14
Hep Alien (Lane's band) practises for the wake of Michel's dog Chin Chin so they discuss song choices.