Bernadette is on vacation, so Glenda is joined by Kelsey and Sara, the other members of Team Wet Coast Wools. :)
Tuesday, October 10th Episode 37: When Bernadette is Away…
(Episode 36 was our Knit City Preview episode, which you can find on our YouTube Channel!)
Welcome to Old and New Viewers!
We are coming to you from Wet Coast Wools in Vancouver, BC Canada
Please leave comments and questions in our Ravelry Group thread
Bernadette is on holiday right now, so we have special guests!
Kelsey: fiddlebach on Ravelry, K-ZipKnits and fiddlebach on instagram
Sara: wenchlette on Ravelry and Instagram
Glenda: Glenda on Ravelry, glendamcdonald on instagram
FOs (Finished Objects)
Wearing: Vanguard Test Cardigan, by 11wildswans. Made with Malabrigo Rios, Cirrus Grey
Katia Azteca Sweater
Made with 2 balls + 10g of Katia Azteca Milrayas (a version of Azteca with more pronounced stripes), 5.5mm needles. Pattern is Drops s30-7, Winter Nap
- I made the 3-4 size, but my gauge was too loose, so it ended up 1 size bigger (5-6). So I made it longer, to make up for the added width; that required extra yarn, so I had to go into a 3rd ball to finish the neck. But I didn’t swatch, so its totally my fault.
Wearing - Laurie by Josee Paquin aka UandIKnit
Tiny Easter Bunny from Teeny Tiny MochiMochi by Anna Hrachovek.
- We asked yarnovernewyork to name him, and she came up with “Butler”. You can come check him out in store over by the till! I used up some left over scraps of cotton yarn I had in my stash and knit him on 2.25 mm needles.
Bellahouston by Littletheorem - made with the dk weight of Rauma 3 ply Strikkegarn.
- I used a ton. Probably around 2300yds.
Foxtail Hat by Nikki Wagner - made with one of the new Mondial Lady Hat kits we carry in store.
Super quick knit, fun and interesting to make. A great option for people wanting to try doing cables for the first time.
The yarn packaging recommends using an 11mm needle but I did this hat using a 6mm and wouldn’t have wanted to go any looser than a 6.5mm for a hat.
Wearing - Mount Pleasant by Pip and Pin
Blanket Fort by Sylvia McFadden aka Softsweater out of her new Gentle Armour book.
- Made in Diamond Tradition in Turquoise with the garter edge in Ash. Quick, intuitive pattern!
Gingersnap Cardigan by Kristen Rettig
- yarn used was Diamond Merino Supreme. 2 balls yellow, 1 teal, 1 white. I blocked all pieces pre-seaming together and the teal BLED so I re-knit the parts with white because they ended up mint green.
YinYang kitty Ankle Socks without the kitties
Meant to be the YinYang kitty Ankle socks by Geena Garcia but they had so much negative ease that I just pulled out the duplicate stitching and will do another pair with a 72 st circumference.
Yarn is Lang Jawoll sock yarn in black and the colourful one is something I forgot to write down. Hahaha!!
Thicket Cardigan by Cecily Glowik MacDonald
knit in Cascade Eco+, 1 strand each of Aporto and Summer Sky Heather, on, 8mm needles.
- This sweater is a stash buster for me to help clear out some room for my Knit City acquisitions.
Kohi Lace Shawl by Pineapple Bird Knits
- Yarn is “Volcanic” colourway of Lang Dipinto. Store sample project.
Sock Minis Blanket
- Garter Stitch Blanket on 5.5mm needles, made with two strands of sock yarn held together.
Fox sweater - I have made my colourwork swatch!
- my gauge is 5 sts different between colourwork and non-colourwork sections, which is making it very hard to work out. I think I may have to make a hat as a sample swatch.
Slippers made with Bulky Lopi in Midnight Blue
- Pattern is 167-31 Way of Roses by DROPS/garnstudio.com
Fidget cowl- cowl made using the stitch pattern from Fidget Socks by Amy Stringer, my fave sock pattern. Yarn is Noro Shiraito that Kelsey gave me!
Craft All The Things
TN bracelets. Made over 200 of them for awareness walk event.
Found a bunch of acorn caps that I want to felt different coloured acorns for.
Trunk Show with Karen Clements of Knit 1 Designs - used to be Knit1LA, but now she lives in Washington state, so she’s updating her name
- She designs with Illimani Yarns - Amelie, Cadena, Llama II, etc, and we have those samples on hand for you to see and try on
We are doing a Tunisian Crochet Workshop on Saturday, October 14th, to learn how to make her Tunisian Crochet Cowl - she also has a vest pattern that uses this technique
You can register online; it will help if you have some previous crochet knowledge
Karen will be here most of Saturday, so you can come meet her and see her work
So much new yarn! - leftovers from Knit City are now in store, and should be online also.
New Christmas sock yarns available - Regia Season and FernerWolle Mally 6-Ply