*** Please Subscribe! To restore my YouTube partnership and make money on my videos again, I need 1000+ subscribers. Thank you! ***
Tutorial with live commentary on The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. This is how you farm missing items from the Secret Room for the (Real) Platinum God Achievement. Enjoy!
Method I: Visit every Secret Room on every Floor (recommended)
1. Play as Isaac on Normal Mode.
2. Restart your run until you start on a floor without Curse of the Labyrinth
3. Restart your run until you get a starting item of the following quality:
a) Items that help you spot the Secret Room more easily, e.g. The Mind, X-Ray Vision, Spelunker Hat, Blue Map, Ipecac, BBF.
Book of Secrets and Crystal Ball are useful but should not be taken down to the next floor in favour of the D6.
b) Items that help your survival, e.g. Damage and/or health upgrades.
c) Items that give you more consumables (coins, keys and bombs)
d) Items that help you use the D6 as effectively as possible, e.g. The Habit, Battery items, Treasure Maps, Sharp Plug
4. Enter every Secret Room. Secret Rooms are usually surrounded by three rooms on either side in a sort of horseshoe pattern.
5. If you find a key judgement instead of an item and you have many keys, give him keys until he pays out with an item. Keep re-rolling that item into a Secret Room item you need.
6. Try to enter every Shop
a) Buy items described above.
b) Fight (Super) Greed and re-roll the Steam Sale/the Quarter in case he drops it. Steam Sale/the Quarter can re-roll into a Secret Room item.
7. Finding the Secret Room beyond Caves 2/Catacombs 2 is very unlikely because the floors become bigger and bigger (unless you have almost infinite bombs). So I recommend restarting the process at this point if you haven't found The Mind, X-Ray Vision, Spelunker Hat, Blue Map or Ipecac.
+++Restart your run as soon as you can't find a Secret Room on any floor or if you get a floor with Curse of the Labyrinth.+++
Method II: Grinding Vision
1. Restart until you find X-Ray Vision, Spelunker Hat or Blue Map in the first Item Room.
2. Collect Items that help you use the D6 as effectively as possible, e.g. The Habit, Battery items, Treasure Maps, Sharp Plug
3. Visit every Secret Room.
4. Try visiting every Shop.
+++Never restart the run and keep looking for Secret Rooms even if you get Curse of the Labyrinth. Getting that all-seeing starting item took long enough anyway, so you might just wanna stick through it.+++
*** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ***
• This is a transformative work made for the purposes of critique, parody and entertainment, protected by Fair Use under 17 U.S. Code § 107 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/107)
• This video is owned by the author.
• The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on PC is owned by Valve Corporation.